I have to admit that I’m not really sure what to call this. It’s a variant of a hairstyle I’ve seen in a few places, but it looks like a fan to me and that’s what I’m going to say it is, although I’m sure it has a proper name.
My hair was (again) wet when I took this picture, and so please forgive the strange appearance.
1) Put hair into a low ponytail.
2) Split hair into six sections, and braid each section until the braided part is about as long as the unbraided. (Halfway down). You may want to tie the braids off as you finish them, and then take out the hair ties for the next bit.
3) Gather all the braids together and put a hair tie around the bottom of the braided bit.
4) Finish the rest of the hair into one English braid. Tie off.
5) Take the hair and flip it upwards, so the second hair tie(at the bottom of the small braids) is about even with the first (at the base of the ponytail.
6)Take the braid tassel and tuck it underneath the rest of the braid. Pin the braid in place, leaving the small braids hanging loose. I used spin pins and a couple bobby pins.
7) To finish off the style, I put a decorative hair tie over the whole thing to cover the tie where the small braids end.
This style is a bit more complicated, so please let me know if the instructions are clear enough. If they’re not, I’d be happy to make a video to show it better – just say the word!